The Control Panel is home to administrative controls that impact your entire digital workplace. The Control Panel is accessed through the cog icon (visible to workplace administrators) located on the right side of the Userbar. Member Groups assigned to certain roles can also see the cog icon and a limited set of Control Panel options.
Features and functionality
The Control Panel contains links to the following features and functions. Select any one of the following to learn more:
- Public Activity: Enable anonymous commenting throughout the entire site.
- Trash Can: Recover recently deleted items.
- Online Status: Members can set their online status to alert other members of their current availability. Workplace administrators can customize the default status settings (Online, Away, Busy, Offline) in this area for all members.
- Manage Archive: Review archived items, archive policies, and items that are queued for archiving.
- Appearance: Edit the entire layout of your site using the Theme Library or Advanced Theme Editor. Refer to the article, Appearance to learn more.
- Footer: Customizing your workplace's footer, which is visible at the bottom of every page.
- Site Manager: This is an interactive sitemap where you can rearrange your site’s navigation with simple drag and drop controls.
- Additional Styles: Use the Additional Styles page to:
- Manage Members: Perform administrative tasks related to members of your digital workplace.
- Manage Groups: Add, remove, or create groups, and manage which members belong to them.
- Invitations: Invite members to join your Igloo, and create a custom welcome message.
- Points and Status: Configure a gamification scheme for your digital workplace, based on points and contributor status levels.
- Public Registration: Open your workplace to the public, and manage related settings.
- Sign In Settings: Allow people to reset a forgotten password, and enable login session keep-alive timers.
- Workplace Analytics: View a dashboard of summary analytics for your digital workplace.
- Google Analytics: Configure Google Analytics for your site.
- Search: Add Recommended Search Results.
- Meta Tags: Add HTML meta code to your digital workplace.
- URL Shortcuts: Add custom URLs to shorten the length of deep links.
- Global Settings: Enable or disable standard digital workplace features site-wide.
- Public/Private Access: Open up all pages to public view, and change the way public users can register.
- Manage Labels: Create a group of labels for content created in your digital workplace.
- Community Details: Change the name of your digital workplace.
- Social Media Sites: Enable social link sharing throughout your digital workplace.
- Localization: Set the time zone and first day of the week.