By default, updating content will send notification emails to members who are following the content. Enabling this feature allows content creators to opt out of sending these notifications to followers when updating their published content. Opting out of sending notifications helps reduce unnecessary email notifications caused by making minor edits to your content.
Sections in this article:
- Considerations and caveats
- How to enable opting-out of sending notifications about updates
- How not to send notifications about edits
Considerations and caveats
Keep in mind the following when working with this feature:
- Workplace Administrators must enable it on the Global Settings page.
- The ability to opt-out of sending notifications when updating published content only occurs on the following content types:
- in the content will still generate notifications.
- This feature is not available on drafts and content that is in moderation.
How to enable opting-out of sending notifications about updates
Workplace administrators must enable the ability for content creators to opt out of sending notifications when updating their content.
- Select Control Panel.
- Select Global Settings.
- Select the checkbox beside Notify Followers to allow content creators to opt out of sending notifications when updating content.
- Select Save.
Disable this ability by unselecting the checkbox in step 3.
How not to send notifications about edits
When enabled, you can find the Don't notify followers of this edit checkbox next to Save Changes. Check this box before saving your changes to avoid sending notifications. This option is always unchecked when you begin to edit content. If you edit content multiple times, you must check this option each time before saving to avoid sending notifications.