Administrators can trigger a reset of a member's Igloo authentication password from the Manage Members page of a digital workplace. The outcome of resetting a password is different depending on the type of user:
- Email users are sent an email asking them to reset their password using the provided link within 24 hours.
- Flex users have a new password entered by an administrator, which needs to be communicated to the user. After signing in with this password, they will be prompted to create a new password. For more information, see Flex access.
This process only offers a way to reset a member's Igloo password, not their SSO or LDAP password.
Sections in this article:
- Requirements for resetting a member's Igloo password
- Flex user password requirements
- How to reset a member's password
- Result of resetting a member's Igloo password
- Result of resetting a flex user's Igloo password
Requirements for resetting a member's Igloo password
- Only Workplace administrators and groups with the Revoke Members or Manage Member Groups roles can reset a member's Igloo password.
Flex user password requirements
When creating a password for a flex user, it must meet the following criteria:
- Contain a minimum of 6 characters
- Include an uppercase character
- Include a number
- Include a special character
How to reset a member's password
- Select Control Panel.
- Under Membership, select Manage Members.
- Find the member in the member list found on the Manage Members page.
- Next to their name, select Actions, followed by Reset Password.
- Depending on the member type:
- Email user: Select OK when prompted to confirm this action.
- Flex user: Enter a password for the user and then select Save Changes.
Result of resetting a member's Igloo password
The member will receive an email with the subject "Request to reset your password", and containing a link to reset their password.
Result of resetting a flex user's Igloo password
After authenticating with the new password for the first time, the user will be prompted to create a new password and three security questions.