You can place widgets on Pages, Spaces, and dashboards to provide windows into content, improve navigation to important locations, display personally relevant information, and display information from third-party applications.
Sections in this article:
Considerations and caveats
Who can do this
- Workplace and Enterprise administrators can place widgets on all Pages, Spaces, and the Workplace Dashboard (if enabled).
- Space administrators can add widgets to all Pages within the Space that they administer.
- Users can place widgets on Pages and Spaces to which they have at least Edit access.
- Users can place widgets on their Personal Dashboards (if enabled).
How to place and set up a widget
Follow these steps to place and set up a widget.
- Go to the Page, Space, or dashboard where you want to place the widget.
- Select Actions and select Edit.
- If the Actions button is not visible, you do not have at least Edit access to the location and should contact your workplace administrator to determine how you should proceed.
- Find the widget in the Widget Carousel using the search box or by browsing the different pages of widgets.
- Drag and drop the widget onto the Layout Builder.
- There is a maximum of three columns of widgets, two narrow side columns, and a wider middle column.
- Existing widgets adjust to accommodate newly placed widgets.
- Valid placement locations will darken or display as a box outline when hovering with the dragged widget.
- Select the widget's Edit button.
- Configure the widget's Options, Layout, and Appearance settings.
- Refer to a widget's knowledge base article for details about its specific configuration settings.
- When you finish configuring the widget, Select Update.
- If you want to publish these changes now, select Publish. Otherwise, select Save as Draft.
Examples of widget placement
Place a widget that spans the entire Layout Builder width.
Place a widget that occupies a narrow column on the right of the Layout Builder.
Place a widget that occupies a narrow column on the left of the Layout Builder.
Place a widget in an existing open location.
Place a widget that creates a new section within the Layout Builder. Widgets placed in a section will only impact widgets in the same section. Sections can also be styled separately with CSS.
Place a widget above an existing widget. This action pushes the existing widget downwards.
Place a widget next to an existing widget. This action resizes the existing widget's width.