Many channel specific widgets (Blog, Calendar, Forum, Microblog, and Recent Activity) display a feed of content often sourced from multiple underlying channels. To stay up to date with new content on the channels displayed in the widget, you can subscribe to all of them by selecting the follow bell button located in the upper right corner of the widget. This will result in you receiving email notifications when new content is added to these channels.
Follow Bell button
The Follow Bell button has two different appearances that signal how it will function when selected:
- Hollow: Indicates that you are not following all of the channels displayed in the widget that you have at least Read Access to. Selecting it allows you to subscribe to all unfollowed channels that you have Access to, at the frequency of your choice. Your frequency selection will not impact any subscriptions that you already have.
- Solid: Indicates that you are currently following all channels displayed in the widget that you have at least Read Access to. Selecting it provides you with a link to manage these subscriptions. This link will navigate you to to your subscriptions page and filter it to only display the subscriptions to channels displayed in the widget (up to a maximum of 30 Channels).
If this bell icon is not visible, it is likely that it has not been configured by your workplace administrator.
How to follow channels from widgets
If the bell button is hollow, you can select it to subscribe to the channels displayed in the widget.
- Select the hollow bell button to display the Follow options.
- Select what frequency to subscribe (Instant, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly).
- Select Follow to create your subscriptions to the channels displayed in the widget.
How to manage the subscriptions of channels displayed in the widget
If the bell button is solid, you can select it to quickly access your Subscriptions page filtered to only the Channels displayed in the Widget.
- Select the solid bell button to display the Follow options.
- Select Manage Subscriptions to navigate to your Subscriptions page.
- While on your Subscriptions page, you can modify subscription frequency and unfollow content. Check out the article managing Subscriptions to learn more.