Your digital workplace provides multiple ways to limit whether files or folders are visible to others. These are useful when you want to simplify what appears in a folder or Folder channel but still would like users to have access to files should they have a link or search for it.
To completely hide a file or folder from a user or group of users, ensure that they do not have access to it. For more information, see access.
How to hide or unhide a file or folder
You must have at least Edit access to a file or folder to follow these steps.
- Go to the folder or folder channel where the file or folder is.
- Next to the file or folder, select Actions.
- Select Hide; or, if already hidden, select Show.
How to toggle the visibility of folder contents
You must have at least Edit access to a folder to follow these steps.
- Go to the folder or folder channel that you want to hide the contents of.
- Select Actions followed by Edit.
- Under Folder Contents, select one of the following options:
- Show: Contents are visible to all users who have access to them.
- Administrative Access Only: Content is only visible to users with full access or higher.
- Hide: Contents are not visible to anyone.
- Select Save.