Use the Anniversary widget to display users' work anniversaries and celebrate these important milestones.
Sections in this article:
- Considerations and caveats
- Populating the work_start_date profile field
- Set up
- Using it
- Display option examples
Considerations and caveats
- work_start_date field: The Anniversary widget pulls date information (yyyy-mm-dd) from the work_start_date field which can be populated using the ILST (Igloo LDAP Sync Tool) or Bulk Upload. This profile field is not visible on the profile page. If your digital workplace is already using an equivalent field, you must also populate the work_start_date field to use this widget. If a user does not have a value in this field, they will never appear in the widget.
- Milestones: The anniversary year of a user will typically have a blue highlight. However, for special milestones, their first year or years that are a multiple of 5 (e.g., 5 years, 10 years, etc.), the anniversary year will have a gold highlight.
- Profile photos: By default, the profile photos in the Anniversary widget are square and are not impacted by the Avatar setting found on the Global Settings page.
- Profile information: Entries in the anniversary widget show the following user information:
- Profile picture (visibility depends on the user's profile field privacy settings)
- Date of hire (can be hidden using the widget's settings)
- Anniversary year (can be hidden using the widget's settings)
- Occupation (visibility depends on the user's profile field privacy settings)
- Department (visibility depends on the user's profile field privacy settings)
Populating the work_start_date profile field
Before using the Aniversary widget, you must populate users' work_start_date profile field. This field can only be populated using the ILST or bulk upload, and it requires the date to be formatted as yyyy-mm-dd (e.g., 2018-06-01).
When using the ILST, you must add this attribute to the Attributes list in the UserAccount section. For example :
<Attribute> <ActiveDirectoryName>example_start_date</ActiveDirectoryName> <IglooName>work_start_date</IglooName> <DataTypeParser>DateTime</DataTypeParser> </Attribute>
Replace the ActiveDirectoryName (e.g., example_start_date)value with the name your active directory uses for this field. If this data is stored as a string in your AD, change the DataTypeParser value to
Follow these steps to set up this widget:
- Place a Anniversary widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Content, Display, and Settings tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes or Cancel to discard them.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
|Title||Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
|Number of results||
Enter the maximum number of anniversaries to display simultaneously. You must enter a value between 1 and 100. If there are additional anniversaries to display, users can select the arrow buttons to cycle between users.
Users can also select View all to open a popup window to view all anniversaries. The widget will display anniversaries occurring within the next 30 days (when the date of hire is shown) or the calendar month (when the date of hire is not shown).
From all groups in the digital workplace, select which to filter by. The widget will only display the anniversaries of users who are members of these groups.
To select a group, find it using the dropdown or search for it by name and then select it. You can add multiple groups to the filter.
To deselect a group, select the X next to its name.
Leave this field blank to show every anniversary occurring within the 30 days (when the date of hire is shown) or the calendar month (when the date of hire is not shown).
Select how members are shown in the widget. Options include:
Select the type of banner used in the widget. Options include:
|Display anniversary years||Toggle whether the anniversary year is shown.|
|Display date of hire||
Toggle whether the date of hire is shown.
Users will see every workplace anniversary that meets the configured group filter and is within the next 30 days or calendar month, regardless of their own group affiliation. While viewing the widget, users can:
- Select a member's name or profile image to go to their profile page.
- Select the carousel arrows to cycle through anniversaries.
- Select View more to display all anniversaries occurring within the next 30 days (when the date of hire is shown) or the calendar month (when the date of hire is not shown). This action opens up a new window on the current page that you can exit by selecting the X in the window's upper right corner or selecting anywhere outside of the window.
Display option examples
Stacked layout with no banner
Stacked layout with confetti banner
Card layout with no banner
Card layout with confetti banner