The Bookmarks widget dispalys bookmarks to the front and center of a page or space so that users can be easily connected with helpful and relevant content.
Bookmarks can be created by users and digital workplace administrators. For more information, see Bookmarks.
Sections in this article:
Follow these steps to set up this widget:
- Place a Bookmarks widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Options and Appearance tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes or Cancel to discard them.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
|Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
Select which type of bookmark to display. Options include:
Select the display order of bookmarks. Options include:
|Number of results
Enter the number of results to display initially. You must enter a value between 1 and 99. If there are additional bookmarks to display, users can select the More link found to display additional bookmarks.
|Enter CSS class selectors to provide additional styling to the widget. For more information, see Applying custom CSS to widgets.
|Select the height of the widget. Options include:
Your digital workplace's theme overwrites many of the settings on the Appearance tab. However, the settings listed above are usable.