Prevent content from being published without labels by making them mandatory. Enabling this behavior on a channel stops content creators from publishing new or existing content if it does not have at least one label.
For more information about labels, see Labels.
Sections in this article:
Considerations and caveats
Who can do this
Members who have at least Edit Access to a channel.
By default, channels will adopt the label requirements set on the Manage Labels or Global Settings pages of a digital workplace. Enterprise administrators, Workplace administrators, and members of groups with the Manage Labels Role can change this setting. To do so:
- Select Control Panel.
- Under Settings, select Manage Labels.
- Under Label Settings, select the checkbox beside Make labels mandatory for all published content throughout the site.
However, as described below, channels can be set to function independently of this broader digital workplace setting.
Posting content by email
Emailing content into a channel ignores any labeling requirement.
For more information about posting content by email, see Adding Content via email.
Supported content types
You can apply labels to the following content types:
How to make labels mandatory
- Go to the channel where you want to make labels mandatory.
- Select Actions.
- Select Settings from the Actions menu.
- Scroll down to the Labels section.
- Select the dropdown and select one of the following:
- Use default (Follow the digital workplace's default behavior set on the Manage Labels or Global Settings page)
- Required (Content cannot be published without at least one label being selected)
- Optional (Content can be published without any labels)
- At the bottom of the Settings page, select Save to apply your changes.