Use the Birthday widget to display members' birthdays. When configuring this widget, use the timeframe and group filter options to control whose birthdays it shows.
Go to one of the following sections in this article:
Considerations and caveats
- Birthdate field: The Birthday widget uses the data stored in a member's birthdate field (Birthday on the profile page). If this field is empty or does not have privacy settings set for others to view, the member will not appear in the widget. Dates must use the format yyyy-mm-dd.
- Ordering: The Birthday widget orders birthdays by their date, with birthdays near the current date at the top. Birthdays occurring on the same day are ordered alphabetically by the member's first name.
- Profile photos: By default, the profile photos in the Birthday widget are square and are not impacted by the Avatar setting found in Global Settings.
Styling: To configure additional appearance options for this widget, see Styling the Birthday widget.
Follow these steps to set up this widget:
- Place a Birthday widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Content and Display tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes or Cancel to discard them.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
Select which timeframes the widget uses. Only birthdays that occur within the timeframes that you select will display in the widget. Options include:
At least one option must be selected and you can select both options.
|Number of results||
Enter the maximum number of birthdays to display. You must enter a value between 1 and 99. If there are additional birthdays to display, users can select View more, found at the bottom of the feed, to open a popup window showing all birthdays within the selected Timeframe.
From all groups in the digital workplace, select which to filter by. The widget will only display the birthdays of users who are members of these groups.
To select a group, locate it using the dropdown or search for it by name and then select it. You can add multiple groups to the filter.
To de-select a group, select the X next to its name.
Leaving this field blank results in the widget showing every birthday within the configured timeframe.
Select how members are shown in the widget. Options include:
Select the type of banner that appears above the widget. Options include:
Display option examples
Stacked layout with no banner
Stacked layout with confetti banner
Card layout with no banner
Card layout with confetti banner
Users will see every birthday that meets the configured group filter and timeframe values, regardless of their own group affiliation. While viewing the widget, users can:
- Click on a member's name or profile image to go to their profile page.
- Click View more to display all birthdays that fall with the timeframe of the widget. This action opens up a new window on the current page that you can exit by clicking the X in the window's upper right corner or clicking anywhere outside the window.