Profile cards provide quick access to key Personal Profile information. You can view a member's Profile Card by hovering over their Profile Photo. If a member has IM Accounts, you can select these to initiate a conversation or call in that application.
Sections in this article:
Profile Card information
By default, Profile Cards display the following information:
- Reports to
- Work phone number
- IM Accounts
- Points and Status
A member's Privacy Settings may limit who can see what information.
Interacting with a Profile Card
- Contacting via an instant messaging application: If a member has shared their Teams, Skype, Skype for Business, or Hangouts information, it's icon will appear on their Profile Card. You can begin a conversation in that application by selecting the icon and selecting the type of communication.
- Sending a Message: Send a Message to another member by selecing Send Message.
- Sending an email: Select a member's email address to begin composing an email to this member. This uses your default email application.
- Viewing a Personal Profile: Select View Profile to go to a member's Personal Profile page.
- Downloading a member's Contact Card: If you want to add a member's contact information to a third-party address book (ex. Outlook), you must first download their contact card. On the member's Profile Card, select Download Contact Card. Add the resulting .vcf file to your address book.
- Giving a member a Badge: If your workplace is using Points and Status, member's who have the necessary Role (Manage Reputation) grant badges can give them to other members. Selecting Give Badge on a member's Profile Card will send you to that member's Personal Profile where you can select Give Badge to select what Badge the member receives.