This article outlines issues that can sometimes occur with profile photos and how to resolve them.
Sections in this article:
- A user's profile photo is not visible to others
- A user's profile photo is different in search
- A user's profile photo is showing an older version to some users
- A user's profile photo is not being updated when the ILST runs
A user's profile photo is not visible to others
Issue: A user's profile photo is not visible to other users, but the user has uploaded a picture and can see it.
To Resolve: Check the privacy setting associated with the user's profile photo and ensure it's set to Everybody. For instructions on changing privacy settings, see Changing privacy settings or Editing a user's profile.
A user's profile photo is different in search
Issue: A user's profile photo isn't appearing as expected in search but is appearing correctly in their profile.
To Resolve: It's possible that the search indexer failed to capture the profile photo change. To fix this, make an update to the user's profile in some way to trigger a search reindex. This change can be as simple as adding a period to a text field (such as About) and then saving the change. You can then remove your change and save the profile again. If the issue persists after 30 minutes, contact the Igloo Support Team.
A user's profile photo is showing an old photo to some users
Issue: A user recently updated their profile photo, and some users still see the older version.
To Resolve: Users seeing the old profile photo may have it cached by their browser. To fix this, users who see the old profile photo can try performing a hard refresh or clearing their browser's cache.
A user's profile photo is not being updated when the ILST runs
Issue: A user who ILST manages is not having their profile photo updated when the ILST runs.
To Resolve: Check the following:
- Make sure that you are syncing from Microsoft Active Directory. The ILST does not support syncing images from other LDAP v3 data sources.
- Make sure the user has an image in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Make sure the ILST isn't being run in Test Mode.
- Make sure that you are running the sync using the