The Salesforce Chatter integrations widget provides a portal into your Salesforce environment, allowing you to view and add to your Salesforce Chatter feed.
Sections in this article:
- Only English language use is supported in the Salesforce Chatter integration.
- Files cannot be posted from the Igloo file system.
- Firefox on Android mobile devices is not compatible with Salesforce Chatter.
- Salesforce imposes API limits “per user per hour” which may result in some users unable to access this widget at certain times.
Salesforce integration widgets require CORS to be enabled in your Salesforce instance. To enable:
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- On the top-right corner of the page, select Setup.
- Select Administration Setup.
- Select Security Controls.
- Select CORS.
- Enter the URL of your digital workplace.
- Select Save.
- Place an Integrations widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Under Integration Library, select Igloo Integration Library.
- Select Salesforce Chatter from the library.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Options and Appearance tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
Enter the URL of a location in your digital workplace. Users who click the widget's title, if it has one, will go to this location. Whether you enter the link as a relative URL or an absolute URL does not matter, it will convert to an absolute URL the next time you edit the widget.
This field can contain a maximum of 2,083 characters.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
|Salesforce Instance Type||
Select the type of Salesforce instance that you are connecting to. Options include:
Use the dropdown to select type of Chatter feed to load:
Enter the full name of the feed you want the widget to display.
Note: Setting the field type to Community, and a feed name of “internal” will show the user’s default feed.
|Salesforce Instance URL||Enter the URL of your Salesforce instance.|
|Feed Size||Use this option to set the maximum number of posts to show inside the widget.|
||Enter CSS class selectors to provide additional styling to the widget. For more information, see Applying custom CSS to widgets.
||Select the height of the widget.
The default value is Auto (leftmost slider position) scales the widget's height to fit its contents. You can use the slider to set a fixed height between 50px to 600px in increments of 50px.
Selecting a height less than what is needed to display its contents results in the widget having a vertical scrollbar.
Your digital workplace's theme overwrites many of the settings on the Appearance tab. However, the settings listed above are usable.
The Salesforce integration widgets provide many of the features available in the Salesforce web interface:
- Share thoughts: You can add plain-text posts to the chatter feed through the Share tab.
- Share links: You can share a link via the Link tab. This requires a URL and can include a description, which will appear as the linked text, and plain-text comments.
- Share files: You can upload a file to share and include a plain text comment to go along with it.
- Create a poll: You can create a quick poll that others can vote on in the Poll tab with up to ten options.
- Search: You can search existing chatter entries in the search tab.
- Comment: You can comment on any post in the chatter feed. Comments are always plain-text and are not threaded.
- Like: You can Like any post or comment.