The Salesforce Leaderboard integration provides a portal into your Salesforce environment, allowing you to view and add to your top sales earners, recent trends in their activity and both total and average Closed Won sales. It can also display the top three accounts for each user.
Sections in this article:
- Only English language use is supported in the Salesforce Leaderboard integration.
- Salesforce imposes API limits “per user per hour” which may result in some users unable to access this widget at certain times.
Salesforce integration widgets require CORS to be enabled in your Salesforce instance. To enable:
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- On the top-right corner of the page, select Setup.
- Select Administration Setup.
- Select Security Controls.
- Select CORS.
- Enter the URL of your digital workplace.
- Select Save.
- Place an Integrations widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Under Integration Library, select Igloo Integration Library.
- Select Salesforce Leaderboard from the library.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Options and Appearance tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
Enter the URL of a location in your digital workplace. Users who click the widget's title, if it has one, will go to this location. Whether you enter the link as a relative URL or an absolute URL does not matter, it will convert to an absolute URL the next time you edit the widget.
This field can contain a maximum of 2,083 characters.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
|Salesforce Instance Type||
Select the type of Salesforce instance that you are connecting to. Options include:
|Salesforce Instance URL||Enter the URL of your Salesforce instance.|
|Number to Show||Enter how many people to display.|
|Show Earnings||Select to display total and average earnings.|
|Show Avatars||Select to display people's Salesforce avatars.|
|Maximum Widget Height||Enter the height of this widget in pixels.|
|Opportunity Type Filter||
Select which opportunity type to display. Options include:
|Opportunity Type Field Name||If you want to only display opportunities of a specific type, enter the API name of the custom field to specify the field to filter against. This must be a picklist type field.|
|Opportunity Types To Include||If you have included an Opportunity Type Field Name, you can specify which values to include from that field.|
||Enter CSS class selectors to provide additional styling to the widget. For more information, see Applying custom CSS to widgets.
||Select the height of the widget.
The default value is Auto (leftmost slider position) scales the widget's height to fit its contents. You can use the slider to set a fixed height between 50px to 600px in increments of 50px.
Selecting a height less than what is needed to display its contents results in the widget having a vertical scrollbar.
Your digital workplace's theme overwrites many of the settings on the Appearance tab. However, the settings listed above are usable.
The Salesforce integration widgets provide many of the features available in the Salesforce web interface:
View top sellers
The widget displays the top sellers in your Salesforce instance. It displays their profile photo, any change they have had in position on the leaderboard in the past 30 days, their name and email, their total sales, and their monthly average. People are ordered by their total sales and you can adjust how many are displayed when configuring the widget.
View top accounts
Hovering over a profile displays the option to show details on each member’s top three accounts. It also provides a link to see the accounts directly in Salesforce.