The Salesforce My Activities integration provides a portal into your Salesforce environment, allowing you to manage your personal Salesforce activities from within your digital workplace.
You can view any activities awaiting action, and can sort and filter that list.
You can also view a history of completed activities.
Sections in this article:
- Only English language use is supported in the Salesforce Activities integration.
- Salesforce imposes API limits “per user per hour” which may result in some users unable to access this widget at certain times.
Salesforce integration widgets require CORS to be enabled in your Salesforce instance. To enable:
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- On the top-right corner of the page, select Setup.
- Select Administration Setup.
- Select Security Controls.
- Select CORS.
- Enter the URL of your digital workplace.
- Select Save.
- Place an Integrations widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Under Integration Library, select Igloo Integration Library.
- Select Salesforce My Activities from the library.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Options and Appearance tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
Enter the URL of a location in your digital workplace. Users who click the widget's title, if it has one, will go to this location. Whether you enter the link as a relative URL or an absolute URL does not matter, it will convert to an absolute URL the next time you edit the widget.
This field can contain a maximum of 2,083 characters.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
|Salesforce Instance Type
Select the type of Salesforce instance that you are connecting to. Options include:
|Salesforce Instance URL
|Enter the URL of your Salesforce instance.
|Enter the maximum number of items to show in the list.
Select which tab the widget shows when the page is loaded. Options include:
|Enter CSS class selectors to provide additional styling to the widget. For more information, see Applying custom CSS to widgets.
|Select the height of the widget.
The default value is Auto (leftmost slider position) scales the widget's height to fit its contents. You can use the slider to set a fixed height between 50px to 600px in increments of 50px.
Selecting a height less than what is needed to display its contents results in the widget having a vertical scrollbar.
Your digital workplace's theme overwrites many of the settings on the Appearance tab. However, the settings listed above are usable.
The Salesforce integration widgets provide many of the features available in the Salesforce web interface:
You can view your personal activities, both current and complete. The interface shows whether it is a task or event, the priority, whether it is past due, the assignee, due date, and status.
Selecting the downward pointing arrow to the right of an activity will expand it to display more details including contact information for the subject of the task, creation details, and options to edit it and open it in Salesforce.
You can sort the list of activities by due date, assignee, priority, or status in either ascending or descending order.
You can refine the list of displayed activities by applying filters. You can limit the list by assignee, activity type, status, and priority.
You can create new tasks and events through the widget.
All the details available in the Salesforce interface can be populated through the widget. Any activity created here will appear immediately in Salesforce.
You can update the list of activities with any changes that may have happened in Salesforce.