The Salesforce Notes and Attachments integration provides a portal into your Salesforce environment, allowing you to view and add notes and attachments to an opportunity within Salesforce.
Sections in this article:
- Only English language use is supported in the Salesforce Notes and Attachments integration.
- Salesforce imposes API limits “per user per hour” which may result in some users unable to access this widget at certain times.
Salesforce integration widgets require CORS to be enabled in your Salesforce instance. To enable:
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- On the top-right corner of the page, select Setup.
- Select Administration Setup.
- Select Security Controls.
- Select CORS.
- Enter the URL of your digital workplace.
- Select Save.
- Place an Integrations widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Under Integration Library, select Igloo Integration Library.
- Select Salesforce Notes and Attachments from the library.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Options and Appearance tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
Enter the URL of a location in your digital workplace. Users who click the widget's title, if it has one, will go to this location. Whether you enter the link as a relative URL or an absolute URL does not matter, it will convert to an absolute URL the next time you edit the widget.
This field can contain a maximum of 2,083 characters.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
|Salesforce Instance URL||
Enter the URL of your Salesforce instance.
|Salesforce Instance Type||
Select the type of Salesforce instance that you arr connecting to. Options include:
Enter the full name of the opportunity that you want to display.
|Page Size||Enter the maximum number of items to show in the list.|
||Enter CSS class selectors to provide additional styling to the widget. For more information, see Applying custom CSS to widgets.
||Select the height of the widget.
The default value is Auto (leftmost slider position) scales the widget's height to fit its contents. You can use the slider to set a fixed height between 50px to 600px in increments of 50px.
Selecting a height less than what is needed to display its contents results in the widget having a vertical scrollbar.
Your digital workplace's theme overwrites many of the settings on the Appearance tab. However, the settings listed above are usable.
The Salesforce integration widgets provide many of the features available in the Salesforce web interface:
Notes are displayed in the widget in a collapsed view, showing only the title. You can expand a note by selecting the downward-facing arrow icon on the right-hand side of the listing. This display includes the full body of the note, the opportunity owner, the creator and last editor of the note, a link to edit the note and another to open it in the Salesforce environment.
Attachments, like notes, are shown in a collapsed view. This displays the name and size of the file, and gives a button to download it. Selecting the arrow on the right expands the view to also show the opportunity owner, the creator and last editor of the note, and a link to open it in the Salesforce environment.
You can add new notes to the opportunity through the widget. These include a title, body, and the option to make them private.
You can upload a new attachment through the widget. These attachments can also include a description.
You can sort the list of notes and attachments by due date or owner in either ascending or descending order.
You can refine the list of displayed items by applying filters. You can limit the list by owner and by type.
You can refresh the list without reloading the page to include any changes that have been made by others.