Mark a spoke workplace as a template so that new spokes can be created using the same structure. Digital workplaces with structures that you want to reuse for consistency are ideal templates.
Sections in this article:
Considerations and caveats
Who can do this
A template contains information about a workplace structure but does not include any content or users.
What is included:
- All site structure
- Sign in settings
- Session timeout
- Social media sites
- Theming (public themes)
- Headers & footers
- Custom profile fields
- Profile fields (component set)
- Optional: channel content (excluding events and tasks)
What is not included:
- Archive policies
- Public registration settings
- Community bookmarks
- Tasks & task comments
How to template a spoke
You can't template the hub workplace.
- While signed into a digital workplace that is part of the Networked Enterprise, select Control Panel.
- Under Resources, select EAP.
- Select Workplaces from the side panel.
- Search for and select the digital workplace that you want to mark as a template.
- On the Overview tab of the digital workplace, select Mark as a template.
- Select Save to apply this change.
Using a template
You can select a template when creating a new spoke. See Creating a spoke for more information.