The Recent Contributors widget displays members who have recently contributed content to specified channels within the site. Users can select the names of those displayed in the widget to go to their profile page.
Sections in this article:
Considerations and caveats
- Deleted content: A user whose content has been deleted will stay in the list of recent contributors until their content is purged from the trash can.
Profile access: Users will not be able to view user profile pages if the Member Profile Access setting on the Public/Private Access page is set to Administrators Only.
Follow these steps to set up this widget:
- Place a Recent Contributors widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Options, Layout, and Appearance tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes or Cancel to discard them.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
Select from which channel(s) the widget displays content. Access rules determine what users will see when configuring and viewing the widget:
To add sources:
To remove sources:
|Number of results||Enter the maximum number of results to increment by, and to display initially. You must enter a value between 1 and 99. If there are additional items to display, users can select the Older Activity link, found at the bottom of the feed, to load additional results.|
|Choose A Layout||
Select how users are displayed in the widget. Options include:
|Customize your layout||
This option is only available if the Layout is Thumbnail.
Select which size of thumbnails to display. Options include:
|Class||Enter CSS class selectors to provide additional styling to the widget. For more information, see Applying custom CSS to widgets.|
|Height||Select the height of the widget. Options include:
Your digital workplace's theme overwrites many of the settings on the Appearance tab. However, the settings listed above are usable.