Use the Wiki Article widget to highlight the contents of a single wiki article on a page, space, or dashboard.
Sections in this article:
Access and content visibility
- This widget can display a wiki article from a connected channel. However, users will only see the article if they have at least Read access to it.
- The widget will display an Edit Article link in the bottom right corner of the widget for users who have at least Write access to the source wiki article. Users who select this link will be directed to an edit page where they can modify the article. After saving their changes, they will return to the page where the Wiki Article widget is located.
Follow these steps to set up this widget:
- Place a Wiki Article widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Options and Appearance tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes or Cancel to discard them.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
|Title||Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
|Title Link||Enter the URL of a location in your digital workplace. Users who select the widget's title, if it has one, will go to this location. Whether you enter the link as a relative URL or an absolute URL does not matter, it will convert to an absolute URL the next time you edit the widget.|
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
Select which channel to display content from. You will only see channels that you have at least Read access to.
When selecting a channel, you can filter the channel list by entering a channel's name into the provided search box. These filtered results will only display up to 100 matching channels.
|Article||Select which article to display in the widget. You can only select articles from the selected Source.|
|Article Details||Select to display a View Article Details link below the article. Users can select this link to go to the article.|
|Class||Enter CSS class selectors to provide additional styling to the widget. For more information, see Applying custom CSS to widgets.|
|Height||Select the height of the widget. Options include:
Your digital workplace's theme overwrites many of the settings on the Appearance tab. However, the settings listed above are usable.