The Workday Org Chart integration displays your organization's employee hierarchy. Using this Integration, you can view and navigate employees' Workday profiles. The Workday Org Chart Integration is part of the Integrations widget and can be placed on pages or spaces within your digital workplace.
To use this integration, your organization must have an active account with Workday.
Sections in this article:
- Considerations and caveats
- Fields used by the Workday Org Chart integration
- Set up requirements
- Setting up the integration
- Adding an API Client to Workday
- Additional integration settings
- Results of setting up a Workday Org Chart integration
Considerations and caveats
- Displaying profile photos in the widget: For users to view profile pictures in the widget, a Workday administrator must enable integration permissions to user accounts in Workday. Enabling this feature will enable work email address visibility to employees. The widget uses this email attribute (primaryWorkEmail) to retrieve profile photos from users' Igloo profiles.
- Views: There are two views available that require separate setups of the Integrations widget:
- Tree view
- List view
- Tree view
Fields used by the Workday Org Chart integration
The Workday Org Chart Integration uses the following fields from Workday:
- Name: descriptor
- Title: businessTitle
- Department: primarySupervisoryOrganization descriptor
- Email: primaryWorkEmail
- Phone: primaryWorkPhone
- Location: location descriptor
The Workday Org Chart Integration uses the following fields from Igloo:
- Photo: Igloo profile Photo
Set up requirements
The following people are needed to set up this integration:
- A Workday administrator or implementer with access to the following tasks that are secured by the Security Administration domain security policy in the System functional area:
- Edit Tenant Setup - Security
- Register API Client
- Register API Client for Integrations
- Edit API Client
- Edit API Client for Integrations
- Maintain API Client Access
- View API Clients
- An Igloo user with the ability to add and configure the integration, such as:
- Workplace or enterprise administrators
- Space administrators (restricted to their space)
- Users (restricted to their personal dashboards and pages and spaces which they have Edit or Full access)
Setting up the integration
- Verify with your Workday administrator that an API client exists for this integration in Workday. If no API client exists, see Adding an API client to Workday before proceeding.
- Ask your Workday or Workplace administrator to provide you with the following Workday values (The first three values may have been recorded as part of the task, Adding an API client to Workday. Otherwise, it can be found in Workday using the View API Clients task):
- Client ID
- Workday REST API Endpoint
- Authorization Endpoint
- Workday Tenant ID
- Place an Integrations widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget. Do not place this integration in the narrow side columns of a page or space.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Under Integration Library, select Igloo Integration Library.
- Select Igloo Org Chart Workday List View or Igloo Org Chart Workday Tree View from the library.
- On the Options tab, complete these required fields:
Setting Value Workday OAuth Server URL
Enter the Authorization Endpoint that you got in step 2.
Workday API Server URL
Enter the Workday REST API Endpoint that you got in step 2.
Workday Instance ID Enter the Workday Tenant ID that you got in step 2. Workday recommends this to be lowercase. Workday Client ID
Enter the Client ID that you got in step 2.
Workday Inbox Actions integration required fields
- (Optional) Customize the integration. Details about additional settings are in the Additional integration settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
Adding an API Client to Workday
This integration requires you to create an API client in your Workday tenant before it can function. Once created, you can use this API client to support multiple deployments of the integration across your digital workplace or networked enterprise (multiple Allowed Origins must be specified for each workplace). If you are unsure if an API client has already been created, contact your organization's Workday administrator.
In addition to the following setup instructions, please refer to Workday's Administrator Guide for additional details about configuring API clients.
- Submit a ticket to Igloo Support requesting a Callback URL for the Workday Org Chart integration. Include the following details in the support ticket:
- State that you are setting up the Workday Org Chart integration for the first time in your digital workplace or networked enterprise and require a Callback URL.
- The URL of your digital workplace.
- Once you receive the Callback URL from Igloo Support, use the Workday Register API Client task to add a new API client.
- On the Register API Client page, fill out the fields as follows:
Setting Value Client Name Enter a descriptive name for the API client. Client Grant Type Select Implicit Grant (Do Not Use). Support Proof for Code Exchange(PKCE) Leave unchecked. Enforce 60 Minutes Access Token Expiry Leave unchecked. Access Token Type Select Bearer. Redirection URI Enter the Callback URL obtained from Igloo Support. Allow Integration Messages Not applicable. Refresh Token Timeout (in days) Not applicable. Grant Administrative Consent Check this option. Disabled Leave unchecked. Scope (Functional Areas)
Add the following:
- Jobs & Positions
- Organizations and Roles
- Tenant Non-Configurable
Include Workday-Owned Scope Leave unchecked. Locked Out due to Excessive Failed Sign on Attempts Not applicable. Restricted to IP Ranges Leave empty. Allowed Origin & Domain Description Enter the URL of your digital workplace and a description of it. If you want to use the integration in multiple digital workplaces (e.g., a Networked Enterprise), you must add the URL of each digital workplace to this table. Workday API Client settings
- Select OK to complete the process of registering an API client.
- Once registered, Workday will display this API client's unique information. Copy the following values to a safe location, as you will need them when setting up the integration:
- Client ID
- Workday REST API Endpoint
- Authorization Endpoint
- Once you have copied these values, select Done.
Once completed, the integration can be set up in your digital workplace. See, Setting up the integration.
Additional integration settings
Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
Enter the URL of a location in your digital workplace. Users who click the widget's title, if it has one, will go to this location. Whether you enter the link as a relative URL or an absolute URL does not matter, it will convert to an absolute URL the next time you edit the widget.
This field can contain a maximum of 2,083 characters.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
|Show Send Message||Select this option to enable the SIP send message functionality.|
|Default Worker ID||Enter a Worker ID to focus on that Worker when the Integration loads. Leave blank to focus on the current user.|
||Enter CSS class selectors to provide additional styling to the widget. For more information, see Applying custom CSS to widgets.
||Select the height of the widget.
The default value is Auto (leftmost slider position) scales the widget's height to fit its contents. You can use the slider to set a fixed height between 50px to 600px in increments of 50px.
Selecting a height less than what is needed to display its contents results in the widget having a vertical scrollbar.
Your digital workplace's theme overwrites many of the settings on the Appearance tab. However, the settings listed above are usable.
Results of setting up a Workday Org Chart integration
Once set up, the widget will display a prompt to "Sign in with Workday". Users must authenticate using their Workday credentials. After authenticating, a list of their tasks will be displayed.