Use the Zendesk Request Submission integration to give users the ability to provides a portal into your Zendesk instance for creating new tickets.
Sections in this article:
Considerations and caveats
- Only English is supported as a language in Zendesk My Requests.
- If you are signed into Zendesk using a 3rd-party Identity Provider (IdP,) you cannot login with another Zendesk account.
- This widget only works with Zendesk instances that use the zendesk.com domain. If you have a custom domain for your instance, the widget will not connect to it.
- Place an Integrations widget on a page, space, or dashboard. For more information, see Placing and setting up a widget.
- Select the placed widget's Edit button.
- Under Integration Library, select Igloo Integration Library.
- Select Zendesk Request Submission from the library.
- Review and make changes to the settings on the Options and Appearance tabs. You can find details about the widget's settings in the Settings section below.
- In the widget editor, select Update to apply your changes.
- At the bottom of your page, space, or dashboard, select Publish or Save as Draft to save your changes.
Enter a title for the widget. The title appears as a heading above the widget's contents. You should use the title to provide context to the widget and better structure a page's content by clearly denoting different sections.
When entering a title, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a title for each supported language.
This field can contain a maximum of 140 characters.
Enter the URL of a location in your digital workplace. Users who click the widget's title, if it has one, will go to this location. Whether you enter the link as a relative URL or an absolute URL does not matter, it will convert to an absolute URL the next time you edit the widget.
This field can contain a maximum of 2,083 characters.
Enter a description for the widget. The description appears between the title and the widget's contents. You can use this text to provide information to users about the widget.
When entering a description, you do so only for your currently selected language. If your digital workplace supports multiple languages, you should select Translation and enter a description for each supported language.
Enter your Zendesk subdomain.
|Select to include all available fields on the submission form.|
||Enter CSS class selectors to provide additional styling to the widget. For more information, see Applying custom CSS to widgets.
||Select the height of the widget.
The default value is Auto (leftmost slider position) scales the widget's height to fit its contents. You can use the slider to set a fixed height between 50px to 600px in increments of 50px.
Selecting a height less than what is needed to display its contents results in the widget having a vertical scrollbar.
Your digital workplace's theme overwrites many of the settings on the Appearance tab. However, the settings listed above are usable.