The Userbar allows you to quickly create tasks in a variety of places in your digital workplace.
These tasks are private. They are only visible to you unless you choose to assign them to someone else in your workplace.
You can add them to any piece of content like files or blogs, or on task list channels. These tasks will be visible to anyone who visits that area unless marked private by the creator.
Check out our Tasks channels article for a description of tasks, use cases, and best practices.
Sections in this article:
Features and functionality
There are a number of ways you can use our platform to do exactly what you want. Below is a list of all additional features.
- Filter: You can filter your tasks using one or more of the criteria: Assigned to, Importance, Due Date, Status, and Assigned by. You can select as many of the criteria items listed under each category as needed to get your desired results.
Note: The number in each filtered item represents the number of tasks fall into that specific category.
- Assigned to: Assigns a task to another person. The person will be notified of the assigned task by email and the task will also be added to their To Do list.
Priority: You can rearrange the order of your task list using the Priority feature. You can rearrange your tasks by the following criteria: Due date, Importance, Assigned to, Created by, Created date, Importance
Note: The arrow that appears after you select a different item from the menu, allows you to change the order to ascending or descending.
Task: This is the main task editor. This tab allows you to edit your task, and share general information about a task such as: importance, due date, creation date, task author, who the task has been assigned to and what channel the task resides on.
On content tasks and task channels you can also create subtasks here.
- Comments: You can add a comment to any task you have access to. Comments are logged in the comments tab and tracked in the activity tab of that task.
- Activity: The Activity tab tracks all activity happening associated with the task. It will record what activity happened, by whom, and when. It will record the addition of new subtasks, status changes, reassignments, and comments made.
- Actions: The Actions tab allows you to reopen a closed task, mark a task as complete, or delete a task.
Task channel features
How to add a task
Adding and assigning tasks provides project members with clear responsibilities and deadlines to ensure the smooth delivery of a project and its requirements. To add tasks and assign people and delivery dates, follow these instructions:
- Open the Task channel, article, or select To dos.
Give your task a name by typing in the field that reads Start typing to add a new Task. Then select Create Task or select the icon on the far right of your task to get extra options.
(Optional) Once a task is created, select the name of the task to open the Task Editor. Start typing to add a description of your new subtask.
(Optional) To add a due due when creating a task, open the Extra Options menu and select Add a due date. You will then see a field where you can pick a date, and optionally add a specific time. When editing an existing task, the due date is shown on the right. Select the date to edit it, or select No due date.
Select Assigned to beside on any task or subtask to assign the task to a person. Type the name or email address of the person you wish to assign the task to in the search box and select the name.
Note: This option is not available for personal tasks in your Userbar.
- When creating a task, select the Extra Options menu and set the Importance by selecting one of the following: Low, Medium, or High.
- (Optional) Select Private task when creating or editing a task you don’t want to be seen by anyone but yourself and the assignee.
Note: This option is not available for personal tasks in your Userbar, as all tasks there are private.
Frequently asked questions
How do I make a task private?
Within the task editor, you also have the option to mark the task as Private Task if it is a task you don’t want shared.
How can I see only the tasks assigned to me?
The tasks that have been assigned to you are listed in your To Dos. They can be accessed from your Userbar.