You can run the ILST as an automated task using the Task Scheduler application that is packaged with Microsoft Windows.
For more information about Task Scheduler, see Microsoft | Task Scheduler.
You should not run the ILST at a frequency that would cause it to start a sync before a previous sync is finished. The time it takes to run the sync is influenced by a number of variables, however, the first sync you run will always take the longest amount of time.
How to use Task Scheduler to run the ILST
- Open Task Scheduler.
- On the menu bar, select Action followed by Create Task....
- On the General tab, configure the settings as follows:
- Name: Enter a name for the task (e.g., ILST Automation).
- Description: Enter text that describes the purpose of this task.
- Security Options: Select the options that align with your organization's security policies.
- Hidden: Do not select.
- Configure for: Select the option that best matches your operating system.
- Select the Actions tab followed by New... and configure the following settings:
- Action: Select Start a program.
- Program/script: Select browse and look for and select ILST.exe.
- Add arguments: Enter any arguments that you want to run the ILST with. For example:
- Start in: Enter the folder path of your ILST folder. For example:
C:\Users\BobCat\Documents\Igloo LDAP Sync Tool (v 22.214.171.124).
- Select OK.
- Select the Triggers tab followed by New....
- Select your conditions for when the ILST will be run.
- Select OK.
- Select OK to save the task.