Images in blog or wiki articles, microblog posts, or widgets are slightly pixelated or blurry.
The reason is that images are being presented as a thumbnail size rather than scaled from the full-size image. This is intended behavior. The Igloo system serves images scaled for their display size to reduce page load times, particularly on mobile devices. This compression can reduce image quality in some cases.
If your image is in JPG format, replace it with a PNG. PNG images handle compression more cleanly.
If you would like to load the full quality image rather than a compressed version follow this process:
- Navigate to the original post or article.
- Edit the article, using the option from the Action Button.
- Use the Code View in the editor to change the image directly.
- Locate the image’s source code.
- Remove the two instances of ?width=#### in the source code.
- Save the post.