Turn off a channel's ability to send email notifications to reduce the number of emails that subscribed users receive from a channel. When you enable this setting on a channel, users will only receive email notifications for, and comments on the content they are subscribed to. They will no longer receive email notifications from the channel about new, edited, deleted, or moved content.
Sections in this article:
- Considerations and caveats
- Who can do this
- How to turn off channel email notifications
- How authors see this setting in action
Considerations and caveats
- Activity feeds: This setting only prevents the sending of email notifications. Actions on content will still appear in the activity feed as usual.
- Auditing: A channel's Activity page tracks changes to this setting.
- Unsupported channels: This functionality is not available on microblog and task channels.
- Calendar RSVPs: Notifications related to event attendance are sent out even if notifications are turned off.
Who can do this
- Workplace administrators
- Users with at least Edit access to a channel
How to turn off channel email notifications
- Go to the channel.
- Select Actions followed by Settings.
- Scroll down to the Notification Settings section.
- Select By default, subscribers to this channel only receive notifications for comments or .
- At the bottom of the page, select Save.
How authors see this setting in action
When this setting is enabled, authors will see the following alerts about it:
- When publishing a blog article, event, forum post, or wiki article.
- When publishing a draft to a channel with this setting enabled.