Tasks - Features
Creating a task
Start typing the name of the task in the Tasks text field (Fig. 1.1)
(Fig. 1.1) Creating a new task
Assign the task by pressing the gray profile icon in the far right of the text field (Fig. 1.2)
(Fig. 1.2) Assigning the new task
Access additional options by pressing the options icon to the right of the assign to icon (Fig. 1.3)
(Fig. 1.3) Additional task options
- Use the text box in the middle to give your new task a description.
- Toggle Private task by placing a checkmark next to it.
- Set the priority of your task to Low, Normal, or High.
Click Add a due date to specify a specific date and time for the task to be completed by (Fig. 1.4)
(Fig. 1.4) Specify a due date and time for your new task
View task details and subtasks
Click on the name of your task to open the task view, where the user will be able to create subtasks by typing into the text box to add a new subtask (Fig. 2.1)
(Fig. 2.1) Start typing in the text box to add a new subtask
- Activity will allow the user to view the history of this task.
- Actions will allow the user to Mark as complete, Reopen, or Delete the task, depending on it's current status.
Mark a task as completed
Simply place a checkmark next to your task to mark it as complete. Similarly, checking it again will reopen the task (Fig. 3.1)
(Fig. 3.1) Toggling task completion
Assign a content-related task
When viewing a document, wiki, blog post, or a forum topic, you will find a Tasks bar at the bottom of the page. Creating a task here, following the method above, will assign the task to this specific piece of content (Fig. 4.1)
(Fig. 4.1) Content task bar