Launch Date: Saturday, March 3, 2012
Downtime: will be required (~ 4 hours beginning at 7 AM ET)
Status: currently in QA and testing
The Winter '12 product release is set for Saturday March 3 and it's loaded with cool new features for enhancing communication and collaboration inside or outside your organization.
- Introduction of a real-time communication stream in the form of microblogging
- Addition of personal dashboards for managing information, conversation and connections
- Ability for a user to request access to a space and for administrators to better manage members
- Enhancements to online status to enable both default and customizable selections
- Incorporation of polling as a standard application that can be easily embedded on a page
Check out some of the screenshots below:
In the user bar, you'll notice a new selection at the top called 'Dashboard'. Here users can customize a page that is tailored to their role and interests. Highlight your contacts, the projects you're working on, events that you follow - even pull in a real-time activity feed from just your contacts.
Within IGLOO, you can now share share small bursts of information with your co-workers in real-time. Ask questions, request feedback, post status updates and share ideas, without a 140 character limit. Plus, it occurs in context by using channels and hashtags to link conversations to specific teams or projects.
Polling is now a standard selection in the widget library. Users can easily drag-and-drop a single-question poll onto a page, configure the responses and set an expiry date. Once live, results are made available in real-time and administrators can also export data for further analysis.
An exclusive product preview was held for all customers at the beginning of the month. If you missed it, check out the webcast recordings: Part I: Your Personal Space | Part II: Microblogging & Team Spaces.
And, as always, we'd love to hear your feedback on the new release.
Let us know what you think in the comments below.