Type: Product Feature Release
Date: April 2nd, 2011
Time: 8:00am EST
Downtime: 1 hour
On April 2nd, 2011 IGLOO has scheduled its 2nd major product release. During this time, all online communities powered by IGLOO will be offline. To receive more information this release, please contact our sales team at email@example.com.
1. Attachments on Comments & Replies
- Allows members to attach documents to comments and replies (blogs, forums, calendars, wiki pages & documents).
2. Badges and Points System (optional module)
- Control Panel - ability to configure points for members in communities based on activity/contributions.
- Community Actions - assign points to a variety of community actions including:
- Page Views
- Profile Completeness
- Publishing Content (blog article, wiki page, forum post, calendar event etc.)
- Displays total points and recent badges on the users' profile page and their members profile v-card.
- Badges and points can be awarded by the community Administrator through the user's vcard or in the achievements section in a users' profile page.
3. Customized Registration
- Public Registration in the Control Panel can be configured so that Administrators and Membership Managers can choose to show/hide the Join Now link in main navigation.
- Administrators can also set the custom path for registration. This will allow members to be redirected to a custom registration page which can be used to display custom content such as credit card information, membership benefits and more.
4. Custom Welcome Message
- Ability for Administrators and/or Membership Managers to create and send out automatically a standard custom welcome message to users that are invited or members who join a community.
- The welcome message will be sent out via email once a member accepts their invitation or when an Administrator/Membership Manager approves a public registration membership.
5. Expanded Video Preview
- Video displays just got larger and more configurable. The video player now has bot ha normal view and a full screen button.
- Normal view has been adjusted to take up the entire available width.
- Expand Video option displays the video in "row view" which allows the entire width of the site to be used.
- Note: the new view options are only compatible with certain video formats.
6. HTML Widget View Access
- The HTML Widget now allows content owners/creators to set who are be able to view its contents:
- Members Only or
- Non Members Only
7. Folders - Content Preview
- When viewing a document in a folder, users can now quickly see and access other documents stored in that folder.
- This new feature helps with quick access or moving to previous/next in the same folder.
- Members can now broadcast content to Groups and Roles.
- Also the viewable area is fixed with a scroll bar provided for viewing all available groups and roles more easily.