The IGLOO Software team is pleased to announce our latest release has successfully been deployed, all communities are back online.
Our latest release is up and running, in this post you will find the features and improvements which have been added to your communities.
When creating a calendar event, you can now choose the time zone for that event. This has been a popular request and we are excited to have included it in this release. In addition to this we have made the creation of all day events easier by including a check box when creating your event. The calendar application has also received some changes to its appearance and icons. In our previous releases the homepage of the calendar would show the current and upcoming month, indicating links on days which have events taking place. In this release we have updated the calendar to show only the current month, and included the ability to toggle through the months.
- Select time zones for events
- Check box to mark all day events during creation
- Appearance updates to the calendar application
- Toggle through months from calendar landing page
The documents application has received updates to its views, it is now possible to expand folders to a tree view and expose child items within the folder.
- Expandable tree view for folders
The landing page for the blogs application no longer shows "add channel" but rather simplifies its appearance with a + icon above the listed channels. Each blog channel now contains an archive of previous posts.
- "Add Channel" button replaced with + icon
- Appearance of blogs aggregate page updated
- Article archive appearance updated
Other updates in today's release relate to a highly requested feature to allow some administrative abilities to be assigned to members. This feature allows you to provide members with the ability to invite users to the community, approve join requests and manage non administrative groups.
- Give a member the ability to invite members
- Give a member the ability approve join requests
- Allow for members to manage non administrative groups
Widget & Pages
When editing a page, the area which contains widgets has a new appearance. This new layout reduces the space taken on the page by the widget area and adds a scroll left and right to display all available widgets. Administrators can now rename URLs for applications (e.g wiki, documents, blogs etc.)
- New widget layout when editing
- Ability to rename application URLs (e.g wiki, documents, blogs etc.)