A quick summary of Igloo’s latest update coming to all customers on August 12.
A fully integrated task solution that empowers a workforce to work more efficiently by seamlessly bridging content, conversations and tasks. By default, tasks will not be enabled right away within your community; if you would like to implement tasks, an administrator will need to enable tasks within the community by navigating to the Control Panel > General Settings. Here you will be able to check the "Tasks" checkbox to enable tasks across the whole community.
Social tasks will allow users to create, assign, track and collaborate on tasks. Social tasks can be created against content with in Igloo, added to task lists, assigned to users or for yourself. Giving organizations and employees a choice to assign and keep track of work in a way that compliments the need, not the limitations of the tool.
Notable task features:
- Add tasks to any content type including blogs, calendars, forums, documents and wiki pages
- Ability to create subtasks on tasks to facilitate natural work-flow
- Create content tasks for yourself or other community users, with the option of marking a task private to limit visibility between you and that user
- Full notifications on tasks keep you informed of changes and task completion
- Create a task for yourself on Igloo content at the object view or right from the user bar
- Assign a personal task other members of your community
- Keep track of your personal tasks through a consolidated view in your dashboard
- Create task lists anywhere in the Igloo platform.
- Create task lists for specific teams, projects and common work activities.
- Create tasks and subtasks within a task list.
- Filter the views of a task list.
- Create a participants group for any task list.
- To turn on Tasks, go to the Global Settings of your community and check the Tasks feature.
- To read more about Tasks, check out our Tasks Overview article.
- We want to hear from you, so please submit your feedback on Tasks in our Unicorn Feedback forum.
Content Navigation Tabs
- Enable users to quickly jump between content, work and collaboration againts Igloo objects
- Appear above calendars, files, wikis, forums, blogs
- Tabs snap and lock and scroll with you
- Tabs give you a count of the items inside giving you instant feedback on interaction and work
- Update from release 4.0.10 to 4.1.2
- Latest upgrade includes the TinyMCE accessibility patch