Our most recent product update features some newly added enhancements to the IGLOO online community and social software solution.
We're pleased to announce the following feature enhancements:
- Member Export Lists
- Editor Updates
- Notable Mentions
- Beta Program
Upgrade and Release Details
1. Member Export Lists
Community administrators can export their community membership lists directly into a Microsoft Excel CSV file. This feature makes it faster and easier to execute communications and outreach campaigns to your complete membership.
The system exports basic membership data into four columns:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Group affiliations
Control Panel: Export Member List
2. Editor Updates
TinyMCE Editor Update
White Listed HTML & Style Attributes
To enhance the security of the community platform, IGLOO has published a White List of safe HTML & Style Attributes that can be utilized in your community. These attributes give users tremendous flexibility for inputting and styling their content, while simultaneously protecting the system from potentially harmful code. The list is based on the standards found at www.w3schools.com.
3. Notable Mentions
- Steal Reservation Message - users can now provide an optional message when taking over a document reservation. The message is emailed to the user who first reserved the file, giving them context as to why their reservation was taken over.
Steal Reservation Message
- Multi-file Upload - the multi-file uploader which can be accessed to upload multiple files in Documents or images in Gallery has a new look. Along with the new look, the uploader was reworked to enhance stability and performance.
6. Beta Program
A private beta release showcases new functionality that has gained enough stability through alpha and formal quality assurance testing to be released on production to a controlled group. These features are now in private beta and are being reviewed before they are released to the public during the upcoming months:
- NEW! BlackBerry® Client Application - extends IGLOO's current mobile strategy for the BlackBerry, taking it beyond simple web browser and email application support. In this first release, members are able to read blog articles, browse recent discussions, see and post comments, search blog articles and access member profiles.
- NEW! Desktop Client Application - will allow users to share files from their personal computers quickly and easily with other members in their online community. This new feature marries the flexibility of web-based social software with the power of the desktop, allowing users to seamlessly and securely save and download documents right from the desktop directly to their IGLOO online community. View the Desktop Client in action.
- Widgets - will give community administrators the ability to create pages using a set of pre-configured, drag and drop widgets. Widgets are the fastest way to create page layouts with dynamic community content! For a sneak peak click here.
- Email Enabled Forums - community members will be able to read, respond and even create forum posts and comments using their favorite email client or handheld device.
We hope you found this update helpful; for more information, please visit our Tools and Resources section.