Below is a description of enhancements made to the IGLOO online community suite.
We're pleased to announce the following productenhancements:
- Profile Updates
- Auto Subscribe (New Feature!)
- Broadcasts—Coming Soon
- Wiki—Beta Program Only
Upgrade and Release Details
1. Profile Updates
We've made some significant improvements to your profileoptions, including the addition of new fields, new functionalityand newly exposed data. You can now use profiles to:
- Share your personal links
- Display your contacts (Note: randomly displays up to 6 contactphotos and names)
- List your Instant Message accounts (Skype, Google Talk, MSN,& AOL), giving people multiple ways to network with you
- Extend your network by sharing your other profile accounts(hyperlinks to Linkedin, facebook, myspace, flickr, twitter, Ning,plaxo, & bebo, for example)
- Post comments on your contacts' profile Wall
- See a list of ten most recent contributions and at a glance(also displays in graph format)
Under your account details, you can choose the followingactions:
- Name (edit).
- Enter contact information, in addition to your occupation andemployer you can identify your sector.
- Bio has been updated to " About".
- List your expertise, interests, associations and hobbies. Youcan also view a complete listing of people with similar expertise,interests, etc. who have entered the same information when youclick on the term from anyone's shared profile.
Once your information has been updated, you can select whatdetails you want to share using the Privacy Tab. This provides you with ability to setthree options:
- Nobody - information does not display.
- Contacts - Only your contacts can see your details. Yourinformation is NOT available to all members.
- Everybody - Your information is available to all Members and IFyour community is open to the public, it is available to allvisitors to your site. Remember to use web safety when choosing towhat information you post to a public site.
Your current privacy settings default to Nobody if not selectedor Everybody if selected.
2. Auto Subscribe
You now have the ability to make contextual subscriptions, suchas the ability to subscribe to an item while commenting on it, orthe ability to subscribe to an article when it is created.
In an upcoming release—administrators will be able tobroadcast (via email) to all members; members will be able tobroadcast only to groups that they belong to.
4. Wiki Beta Program
We are pleased to introduce our wiki feature in beta. Beta meansthat we have a controlled group testing and giving us feedback toprepare for the full release that is expected in early 2009. If youwould like to participate in our beta program contact firstname.lastname@example.org. More information willbe available when the wiki is released.
We hope you found this update helpful. For more detailed "howto" information, we've created an online video tutorial.