Deployment: July 30th, 2011 (Saturday)
Type of Release: Feature
Downtime: will be required (<4 hours)
Status: QA and testing
- Moderation can be enabled on a per channel basis. Moderators are assigned to each channel.
- Enabling content moderation forces all contributions to be sent to a moderator(s) for approval.
- Enabling comment moderation forces all comments to be sent to a moderator(s) for approval.
- A moderator can either approve or reject a contribution or pass the work onto another moderator. An ad-hoc moderator can be added from the collection of all community members on a per contribution basis.
- A moderator can make changes to the submitted content (excluding comments).
- All assigned work can be tracked from a personal to-do area.
- Email is the primary medium to notify moderators of new submissions and notify authors of the status of their contribution.
- During creation of new content, the user is be given an option to save his/her contribution as a draft.
- The user is also being given an option to add any member of the community to participate in wring the draft as a co-author.
- At the time of publishing, any of the co-authors can be selected to become the "creator" of the contribution (not just the original author).
- Anonymous Comments
- Comments can be opened up to be submitted by the general public without having to create an account.
- The person submitting the comment will be presented with an immediately active guest account with a choice to secure the email address with a password (to reduce the chance of an impostor).
- Email notification will be sent at the time of posting confirming the action.
- Anonymous Commenting can be enabled on a per channel basis.
- Anonymous Comments can be vetted by the creator of the content.
- Administrators have a way to track and analyze public comments and follow up with each individual (given the fact that the provided email was legitimate).
- Group Subscription
- An administrator and membership manager now have an ability to subscribe any group to any content in the system at a configurable frequency. This allows for an ability to setup subscriptions for a group and then add members to that group without having to communicate to them about all the important content they should subscribe to.
- Members of the group have an option to opt out from each subscription.
- Voting on Comments
- Voting can be enabled on a per channel basis.
- Voting can be configured to be either "up" or both "up & down".
- A vote can be withdrawn by the member who cast it.
- Own comments cannot be voted.
- Currently voting a comment has no behavioral effect other than just showing the total value of votes.
- Search - Upgrades
- People can now be searched through the global search.
- Attachments are now searchable. If an attachment has a search criteria match, the content it's attached to will show up in the search results.
- Global Search scope has been upgraded to recognize group spaces and automatically perform the search with contextual filter.
- Add Files - Upgrade
- When uploading files, a link to edit the metadata (such as description and labels) of each file is now available.
- Forums - Upgrade
- Each forum channel now has an ability to restrict the type of accepted topics (e.g. Ideas and Questions only, etc).
- Profile Photo: A shortcut has been added to update a user's profile photo by clicking on it from the profile page.
- Connection Request: The notification email now contains a link to accept the request.
- Copy/Move: Folders and files can now be moved/copied into a group space.
- Wiki Reservation: In rare cases a version conflict may still occur. The system now has conflict detection and aids the user to take the steps to resolve the conflict.
- Wiki Settings: Wiki settings are no longer global and can be set up on a per channel basis.
- Simple Homepage: Deprecated(Removed)
Notable Bug Fixes
- IE9: Communities are now fully functional in IE9 and no longer require to be run in backwards compatibility mode.
- IE8: Editing a page with a Blog Articles widget no longer crashes the browser.
- Basic Profile Fields: Validation has been added/fixed on all fields.
- Extended Profile Fields: Added clarification to some of the fields to alleviate confusion.
- Site Manger: Some issues around changing item order should be resolved.
- LDAP: Signing in via and LDAP enabled community now ensures the user becomes a member of the community.
- Document Preview: Apostrophes in the document title no longer interfere with the preview.
- Wiki Index: Multilingual entries are now always showing.
- Slideshow: No longer shows hidden pictures.
- Export Member List: No longer fails for Membership Managers.
- Tree View: No longer incorrectly inhibits the ability to expand folders.
- Calendar Widget: Large grid view now shows events scheduled for the last day in a month.
- Various widget fixes.