The list below summarizes the new capabilities in the product release code-named 'Q'.
- Email-Enabled - authorized members can email enable all folders, sub folders and channels in the Igloo platform - works with all standard email platforms such as MS Outlook and Google Mail.
- Supported content types:
- Folders and subfolders
- Wiki pages
- Auto-Generated Addresses - administrators can globally auto-generate emails for each content type. Each channel can override the global setting.
- Export to Email Contacts - all email enabled channels and folders allow members to download a vCard to be added as a "Contact" in their email address book.
- Every customer will automatically receive this upgrade - contact Igloo support to setup a custom email domain.
- Location - a string of text.
- Recurring Events - full recursion capability on par with the global standards.
- Social Recurrence - each instance in the series supports its own social data, e.g. comments, rating, subscriptions.
- List of Attendees - full synchronization of attendance with supported email clients (.ics format).
- RSVP - unrestricted RSVP capability.
Member Handles - @
- Inline Search - typing in the @ symbol in the rich text editor will summon an inline search box with members matching the string that is typed: e.g. will give Dan Latendre, Dan Connolly, and Phuong Dang. No need to guess their handles anymore!
- Supported areas:
- Content Body
- Applications/Collections- there are no longer system applications in the Igloo platform. All applications have been converted to pages to allow full layout customization. A page now supports "Allowed Channels" setting which allows moving/creating channels underneath it. It is now possible to create multiple applications of the following types:
- Page templates - pages can now be marked as templates.
- Channels widget
- Add Content widget
Spaces - Control Panel
- Layout Options
- Navigation position
- Custom Header
- Custom Footer
- Custom Homepage Header
- Archive - space administrators may now monitor how items in their space are archived. Custom retention policies are not supported.
- Trashcan - space administrators may now restore items deleted in their space.
- Subscriptions - space administrators may now subscribe their space groups to any object in the community (via the actions menu).
- Hierarchy - spaces now support hierarchy of unlimited depth, e.g. spaces may now have their own applications/collections of channels.
- Link References - all content displays link references just like "Related Articles" in Wikis - one-way links displayed on the referenced objects.
- Related Links - members can relate objects (via inline search) when creating or editing any type of content.
- One-way vs Two-way - links can be toggled to appear either on one of the two or on both objects.
- Solr - we have integrated with an Apache Lucene "add on" called Solr. Solr is the popular, blazing fast open source enterprise search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing distributed search and index replication, and it powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest Internet sites.
- Speed - search results now display 30% faster.
- Higher Relevancy - search results are now much more relevant.
- Inline Search - top 2 member matches plus top 10 content matches will instantly display below the search bar as you type.
- Search Widget - results display inline - no longer take you away from the current location.
- Channel Search - results display inline - quickly view results in context.
- Global Search - auto-filter by space and filter by type have been removed.
- Roles now live under Manage Groups in the control panel.
- Content Creation:
- Create Pages
- Create Spaces
- Membership Management:
- Add Members
- Revoke Members
- Manage Member Groups
- Manage System Groups
- Manage Registration
- Manage Invitations
- Manage Reputation
- Mange Theme - this includes Wallpaper, Custom CSS, Footer and Header
- Manage GoogleTM Analytics
- Mange Social Media Sites
- Mange URL Shortcuts
- Reduced the system groups to just Members and Administrators. The Membership Manager group was migrated to become a regular group with upgraded Roles. All other system groups were migrated to regular groups while maintaining full permissions to appropriate areas (Blogs Manager, Forums Manager, etc).
- Export verbose polling data.
- Delete and restore specific versions.