IE 8 support will be removed from Igloo in an upcoming major release
Why are we doing this?
• Microsoft is ending IE 8 support in January of 2016. You can find out more here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?sort=PN&alpha=internet%20explorer
• Microsoft targeting EOL for IE 8 means it will no longer be patched or kept secure.
• IE 8 is very outdated. We would like to implement many new features and improvements, but our efforts are restricted by the need to support IE 8.
• IE 8 doesn’t support HTML 5. We have had to ensure that older technology is still available for these users, diverting development resources that we would rather use to build those new features.
• Customers are using more modern browsers. The most recent logs show that only 4.5% of all traffic comes from IE 8, compared to over 60% from Google Chrome.
What does this mean for Internet Explorer 8 users?
• Certain features and systems will not work, or will work in a diminished capacity going forward.
• Document Preview will be using HTML 5, which isn’t supported by IE 8.
• The QA team will not test IE 8, and any bugs submitted for IE 8 will not be investigated or fixed.
How can I get more info on this change?
Our support team is standing by to help. If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com or comment below.