Below is a description of enhancements made to the IGLOO online community suite.
We're pleased to announce the following productenhancements:
- Wiki (Public Beta)
- Broadcast (New Feature)
- Noteable Mentions
Upgrade and Release Details
1. Wiki (Public Beta)
We are pleased to introduce our wiki feature in Public Beta. Introducing a new feature in Public Beta allows development to continue totweak and enhance the feature, while simultaneously allowingcommunity members to use the feature within their community withlive data and actual work flows. Public Beta users are encouraged to providefeedback on technical and usability issues, as well as recommendpotential enhancements. Feedback is being documented on ourCustomer Care site in a dedicated forum for beta program feedback.
Note: Although the beta wiki has been added toevery community, it remains 'hidden" so that it will not disruptestablished navigation, etc. Administrators can show theapplication in the Control Panel/Navigation window. Use the arrowbutton beside the wiki item to select "Show" from the drop downmenu.
- Access the Settings tab for four wiki homepage layoutoptions.
- From the right hand column users can Add new articles, Search the wiki, click on the Title Index link, and Related Links (when applicable)
- Each article can be Rated if this feature is globally enabled for theentire site.
- The wiki supports the standard trailer bar that displays " page views" and allows users to Subscribe, Bookmark, Email Link and Share thepage.
- The application is permissionable in its entirety as well as on apage by page basis. Activity (creation and edits) is tracked for eachpage.
- For quick browsing every created page is listed alphabeticallyon the title index page with a link to the article.
- The wiki application has its own dedicated search in additionto being indexed with the rest of the community search. Wiki searchindexes the title and the content.
- All wiki pages have the standard three options for managing"comments" - open, closed, and disabled.
- Comments are accessed from the "Comments" tab. The tab liststhe number of comments associated with the article.
- The wiki editor supports a slightly scaled down tool bar sincefocus is on the content and collaboration aspects of theapplication.
- Linking within the editor has been enhanced, enabling users to:
- search for a term (page)
- input an internal path - existing or not (example/wiki/linking_is_good)
- input an external path (www.igloosoftware.com)
- Edits on each page are tracked under versions. Older versionscan be restored using the Revert action.
- Versions can also be compared which displays the additions(green highlight) and deletions (yellow highlights) to thecontent.
- New wiki entries will be listed on the community pulsepage.
- The wiki has a dedicated pulse that lists recent wikiactivity.
2. Broadcast (New Feature)
- Introducing Phase 1:
- Users will be able to broadcast Blog Articles only
- The broadcast link can be found in the trailer bar
- Users can message to one group at a time; the group list ispermissioned so only groups that the user is a member of will belisted
- Only Administrators can email the "Members" &"Administration" groups
- Article Creation:
- After a blog article has been createdm a Success message pointsthe author to the broadcast trailer feature
- Broadcast through Messaging:
- Broadcast messages are sent through our Messaging system; ifthe user has email notifications enabled they will also receive anemail
3. Noteable Mentions
- The flow for Forgot You Password has been changed to reduceuser confusion and increase security. Users will still receive anemail directing them to a new form where they will be able tochange their password themselves, instead of using the systemgenerated password.
- Comments lengths will be truncated on the pulse's recentdiscussion column to allow for more entries in the column.
- Email Link Functionality - users will be able to change thesubject line when using the system to email a page.
- The editor code has been updated to MCE's latest version(22.214.171.124).
We hope you found this update helpful. For more detailed "howto" information, please visit our Customer CareSite.