Below is a description of recent enhancements made to the IGLOO online community and social software suite.
We're pleased to announce the following productenhancements:
- API Released
- Support Codes
- Notable Mentions
- Private Beta - BlackBerry & Desktop ClientApplications
Upgrade and Release Details
1. API Released
The first phase of IGLOO's API has been released and is being used bydevelopers to integrate web and desktop applications with theircommunities. IGLOO is currently working on our Developers'Community which will give developers access to API documentation aswell as engage developers in online discussions.
2. Support Codes
The system's "Unable to Process Your Request" messages now havebuilt in Support Codes. Simply report the alphanumeric code alongwith the other basic information (ex. action being performed andbrowser being used) and the Support Team will use the code to helpidentify what happened during the failed request.
3. Notable Mentions
- Browsing Images - users can now use the Next andPrevious arrow buttons to quickly navigate between images within acommunity album. This is especially useful when a user has tocompare several images in the same album (example: comparing logoconcepts).
- Pending Invitation Sort - community administratorsnow have the ability to sort pending invitations by Name, EmailAddress, Date Invited, & Expires In. The new sort functionalitymakes browsing long lists of pending invitations easier.
4. Private Beta
A private beta release showcases new functionalitythat has gained enough stability through alpha and formal qualityassurance testing to be released on production to a controlledgroup. These features are now in private beta and are beingreviewed before they are released to the public during the upcomingmonths:
- NEW! BlackBerry ClientApplication - extends IGLOO's current mobile strategy forthe BlackBerry, taking it beyond simple web browser and emailapplication support. In this first release, members are able toread blog articles, browse recent discussions, see and postcomments, search blog articles and access member profiles.
- NEW! Desktop ClientApplication - will allow users to share files from theirpersonal computers quickly and easily with other members in theironline community. This new feature marries the flexibility ofweb-based social software with the power of the desktop, allowingusers to seamlessly and securely save and download documents rightfrom the desktop directly to their IGLOO online community. View theDesktop Client in action.
- Widgets - will give community administrators theability to create pages using a set of pre-configured, drag anddrop widgets. Widgets are the fastest way to create page layoutswith dynamic community content! For a sneak peak click here.
- Email Enabled Forums - community members will beable to read, respond and create forum posts and comments via theirfavorite email client and from their handheld device.
We hope you found this update helpful; for more information,please visit our Tools andResources section.