Q. Is sensitive or mission critical data backed-up on a regular basis? How frequently?
A. Igloo Software backs up customer data using the following methods:
- Every 5 minutes: SAN to SAN replication
- Hourly: Back up of SQL logs
- Every Hour: complete data snapshots
- Full weekly backups of all SQL database
Note: SQL data can be fully be restored from the logs and replicated to a volume on another SAN.
Q. Are backup sets stored off-site? Where?
A. Yes upon request - additional cost. Contact sales .com
Q. How is data transported to the back up site?
A. It varies based on customer requirements - agreed upon delivery method.
Q. How soon can you recover lost data?
A. Data can be recovered in less than 24 hours. Customers pay for these types of premium services. Contact sales .com
Q. How far back can data be recovered?
A. Data can be recovered up to 2 years. Customers can extend this recovery period, pending need and cost.
Q. What are the mechanisms employed to protect back-up media from theft, destruction, and disclosure?
- Background checks
- Bonds IT staff
- Enforces Non-disclosure agreements
- Data is password protected
- Physical facilities are card access only and key code protected
Q. Are backups encrypted? What type of encryption technology is used?
A. Data backups are protected from unauthorized access via Microsoft Active Directory authentication.